1. Purposes for Processing
What are personal data?
There are many ways we collect personal data about you. This Policy defines “personal data” as any information that, alone or in combination, can identify you as an individual. It includes your name, postal address and email address as well as your telephone number.
Why are we asking for your personal information?
Your personal data will be processed in compliance with applicable privacy and data protection laws. To provide you access to the Site, we need certain personal information. You will have been asked to confirm your consent to providing this information if you register with us. This is necessary to allow you to access our services, view our content, and purchase our products. This consent gives us the legal basis to process your data under applicable law. This consent can be withdrawn at any time. Please do not use this Site if you don’t agree to us using your personal data in accordance with this Policy.
2. Collecting your Personal Data
The following information is collected about you:
The information you give us.
- When you register to use our Site your personal data includes your name, postal address and email address as well as telephone number, username, password, and demographic information (such your gender).
- Personal data that you give us in connection to our rewards program or other promotions we offer on the Site
- The personal data that you give us when you report a problem on our Site or provide customer support.
- The personal data that you give us when you make a purchase through our Site.
- The personal data that you give us when you contact us by phone, email, or other means.
[Information Automatically Collected. When you visit our Site, we automatically log information about your computer and mobile device. When you visit our Site, for example, we log the name and version of your mobile device’s operating system, as well as your browser type and language. We also record information about how you use our Site. This information is collected using cookies.
Automated decision making and profiling.
Your personal data is not used for automated decision-making purposes. We may use your personal data to comply with legal obligations. In such cases, we will inform and give you the opportunity to object.
What is a cookie?
Cookies can be used to collect information. These are small files that are stored on your computer’s hard drive or mobile device when you visit a website. To provide you with an interactive and personal experience, we may use both persistent cookies and session cookies. These cookies expire when you close your web browser.
There are two main types of cookies we use: (1) first-party Cookies, which we directly serve to your computer/mobile device. These cookies are used to identify your computer/mobile device when it visits our Site. (2) Third-party Cookies, which are served on our Site by service providers and can be used to recognize your mobile device or computer when it visits other sites.
Cookies We Use
Our Site uses these types of cookies to achieve the below-described purposes:
|Type of cookie||Purpose|
|Essential Cookies||These cookies are necessary to provide services on our Site and enable you to use certain features. They allow you to log into secure areas of our site and speed up the loading of pages. These cookies are essential to enable us to provide the services you request.|
|Functionality Cookies||These cookies enable our Site to remember your choices when you visit our Site [such as remembering language preferences, remembering login details, and remembering changes you make to other areas of our Site that you can customize]. These cookies are used to give you a more personalized experience and avoid having to enter your preferences each time you visit our site.|
|Analytics and Performance Cookies|
These cookies are used for information gathering about the traffic to our Site as well as how users use it. This information does not identify any visitor. It does not identify any individual visitor. This information is used to improve the operation of our Site, gather broad demographic information, and monitor activity on our site.
This is Google Analytics. Google Analytics uses its own cookies. It’s used only to improve the functionality of our Site. You can find out more information about Google Analytics cookies here: https://developers.google.com/analytics/resources/concepts/gaConceptsCookies]
[You can find out more about how Google protects your data here: www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html.]
[You can prevent the use of Google Analytics relating to your use of our Site by downloading and installing the browser plugin available via this link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en-GB]
|Targeted and advertising cookies||These cookies are used to track your browsing history to allow us to show you advertising that is more relevant to you. These cookies collect information about your browsing habits to help you group with users with similar interests. Third party advertisers may place cookies based on this information and with our consent, to allow them to show ads that we believe will be relevant to you while you are browsing third-party websites.|
[You can disable cookies which remember your browsing habits and target advertising at you by visiting http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/your-ad-choices. You may still see ads if you opt to disable targeted or advertising cookies. However, they may not be relevant for you. You can still see adverts and targeted cookies from other companies, even if you choose to delete cookies from the companies mentioned above.
|Social Media Cookies||These cookies are used to share information via a social media sharing or “like” button. You can also link your account with us through social networking websites like Facebook, Twitter, or Google+. This will be recorded by the social network.|
Most browsers allow you to remove or reject cookies. Follow the instructions given by your browser to remove or reject cookies. These instructions are usually located in the “settings”, “help”, “tools”, or “edit” section of your browser. Until you modify your browser settings, many browsers will accept cookies.
You may have some issues using our Site if you refuse to accept cookies. We may not be capable of recognizing your mobile device or computer, and you will need to log in each time you visit our site.
When you visit the Site, we may use third-party advertising companies. These companies can collect click stream information, browser type and date, and the subject of any advertisements you clicked on or scrolled over while you visit the Site. This is used to show advertisements for goods and services that may be of interest to your. These companies use tracking technologies to collect this information. Tracking technologies used by other companies are subject to their privacy policies.
5. Use of your Personal Data
Your personal data may be used in the following ways:
- to maintain, improve, and operate our Site, products, or services.
- If you have an account on the Site, you can manage your account and communicate with you about your account.
- to manage and operate our Rewards Program and other promotions that you take part in on our Site.
- to answer your questions and comments, and to provide customer support.
- Send information, including technical notices and updates, security alerts and support messages.
- With your consent, we may send you marketing emails about promotions and other news. We also have information about affiliate products and services. You can opt out at any time of receiving such information. These marketing emails will tell you how to opt-out. Please note that we may still send non-marketing emails even though you have opted out. Emails that are not marketing include emails about your account (if you have one), and our business dealings.
- As we consider necessary or appropriate: (a) To comply with applicable laws;(b) To comply with lawful requests, legal process, including responding to requests from public or government authorities; (c); To enforce our Policy; (d) To protect our rights, privacy or property and/or those of you or anyone else;
- For analysis and study services
- As described in the section “Sharing of your Personal Data”, below.
6. Sharing your personal data
Your personal data may be shared as follows:
- Third Parties Designed by You. When you give your consent, we may share your personal information with third parties.
- Our Third-Party Service Providers. Your personal data may be shared with third-party service providers that provide services such [data analysis, payment processing and information technology and related infrastructure provision], customer service, email delivery and auditing, and other similar services].
7. Third-Party Sites
Our Site may include links to third party websites and features. This Policy does NOT cover the privacy practices of third-party websites. These third parties have their privacy policies. We do not assume any responsibility for their features, policies or websites. Before you send any data to them, please read their privacy policies.
When you submit content user-generated to our Site [including via our Rewards Program, Forums, Message Boards and Blogs on our Site], we may share your personal data. Any information that you disclose or post on our Site becomes public information and is available to all users and the general public. When you decide to share your personal data or any other information on our site, we urge caution. Once it is published on our Site, such personal data or other information will no longer be confidential.
8. International Data Transfer
We may transfer, store, and process your information outside of the country where you live. There may not be the same level privacy and data protection regulations in this area as elsewhere. Accepting this Policy means you consent to any such transfer, storage, or processing. We will take every reasonable step to ensure that your data are treated securely and in compliance with this Policy.
To protect your personal data within our company, we use all reasonable organizational, technical, and administrative precautions. It is impossible to guarantee the security of any transmission or storage system. Information sent via the internet can also not be protected completely. Contact us immediately if you believe your interaction with us may not be secure.
Your personal data will be kept for as long as you use the Site, or until you cancel your subscription. We won’t keep your data for longer than is necessary or allowed by law (e.g. for regulatory purposes).
11. Our Policy on Children
Our site is/are not intended for children under 16. Parents or guardians should notify us if they become aware that their child has given us information without their consent. We will remove such information from our records as soon as is reasonably possible.
12. Your Rights
- Opt-out. To opt out of direct marketing communications, automated decision-making, and/or profiling, you can contact us at any time. You may not be able to use some parts of the Site if you opt out.
- You can access all the information that we have about you by visiting your profile/account, or by contacting us directly.
- To correct or update any errors in your personal information, you can contact us.
- Your personal data can be transferred – i.e. You have the freedom to transfer your data to any other service provider as you please.
- You can erase and forget. You can ask us to erase your data in certain circumstances, such as when we no longer have any relevant information or are incorrect.
Contact us if you would like to exercise any of the rights. Please include in your request: (i) the personal data that is being requested; (ii) the rights you wish to enforce. We may not implement your requests regarding personal data that is associated with your email address. In order to protect your privacy, we may limit the scope of your request to only the information we have received from you. Also, we may need to verify your identity to ensure your request is being implemented. We will respond to your request within one month. We may need to keep certain information in order to record and/or complete transactions you initiated before we grant your request.
Any complaints regarding our use or collection of personal data will be addressed promptly. If you would like to make a complaint regarding this Policy or our practices in relation to your personal data, please contact us at: [email protected] We will respond to your complaint within 30 days. While we try to resolve all complaints, you have the right to contact your local data privacy supervisor authority if your complaint is not resolved.
14. Contact Information
We are open to receiving your feedback or questions regarding this Policy. You may contact us in writing at [email protected] 95, Collin Street, Park Street, Kolkata – 700016, West Bengal, India.